Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Wedding day

    October 19, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    Wedding day! 🕺🏻
    Had a good chat with Will in the loo around 3am.
    Off to a cracking start, we’re gonna be stuffed.
    The planning was all very last minute so It didn’t line up perfectly. I had to meet the girls downstairs at 9 but Will wasn’t meeting dad until 9:45 so I told him as long as he had pants on he could sleep longer. 😆
    Jess and Helen brought nibbles and I’m such an ungrateful turd cause I didn’t like any of it except the strawberries.
    I hate breakfast food. It’s a constant problem. I don’t want your pastries 😭 but I tried to eat some cause I didn’t think I would have a chance to eat for entire day and that could end in tears.
    I was stressed about hair and make up people became I was told I’d have to meet them and then bring them up and my phone isn’t cooperating. I had given them Jess’ number but then she was leaving to go get her hair done and I was worried I couldn’t contact them but they the artists found their own way and knocked on our door and I felt the stress leave my body.
    My hair lady was Brittany and she was chatty which I appreciated. And she did a cracking job. Better than my trial because I asked for the bun hairs to go up and down and not twist around which she did.
    Make up I was happy with until the end. I was unhappy with the eyeliner underline and my lipstick and I got a bit sad about it actually but kept it to myself mainly. I told everyone I was annoyed but I got upset in the bathroom. 😔
    Nothing could be done. Better that look than me try to fix it and make it worse. I figured it would still look nice in the long distant pics which are the type I was most excited for anyways.
    Positive thoughts Angharad.
    Next thing I got the shits about was that I was standing around in my dress for like 30 mins waiting for someone to help me do it up.
    Helllooooo.
    Was being dramatic cause I was sad about my face I think.
    Jess and Helen brought up my bouquet for me when they came back from my hair appointment so at least that was done. We were still going to be late though and still wasn’t 100% sure about pickup location.
    Went downstairs and boys were not at the meeting point. 😪 ffs.
    Called Will and he seemed cranky so I was like ok no big reveal moment. Setting myself up for disappointment so don’t worry about it.
    Just waited for them In the foyer and they finally turned up.
    I suppose the positive is I didn’t cry and ruin my makeup.
    I think he gave me an aw. 🙄
    Didn’t get a moment with my dad which I was sad about too.
    Lots of happy comments from strangers though.
    Anyways found the limo so that was the main bit done.
    Had the paperwork and rings so we got on our way. It was about and hour 15 ride. I was next to Jax and he was showing me Mario kart.
    We had a quick stop on the way because we were early so everyone bought lots of snacks.
    Once we got there the minister talked to just me and Will in the limo. We needed a witness and I picked dad cause didn’t want Bill cause they have same name and Mum is life skill useless and didn’t want her as the main person just in case something ever needs verifying later because she wouldn’t be helpful.
    Walked around the corner and went into a little nook. It was lovely, I was worried I’d be unhappy with the spot but I wasn’t. I was also really happy with the ceremony. I liked the vows and we had 2 bible verses. The love is patient one and the what God brings together let know man separate one which I was stoked about because that was the only verse I ever really wanted.
    Will was excellent. He smiled and supported me when I cried (started crying as soon as the ceremony started 😅😅😅 ) but then my voice also broke when I said I take him as my husband.
    He was rubbing my hand with his thumb ♥️
    Very emotional. Very happy.
    I now pronounce you husband and wife was a great moment.
    “Introducing Mr and Mrs William Pickering” was not.
    But it didn’t ruin the whole thing only because everyone laughed because they knew how shitty I’d be about it. I have a name. But there understanding lightened it for me.

    We then got group pics which I’m really excited to see.
    Then me and Will went and got some individuals.
    Also pumped.
    I have high hopes.
    We went to 5 different spots I think. Everyone else just hung out in the van.
    Will was so cooperative I was so pleased and appreciative. He made the day good for me. ♥️ he smiled and participated 😭🥰♥️.
    Jaxon was a delight. Wouldn’t even know he was there.
    We then started the journey home.
    I don’t think anything noteworthy happened on the way home just chitchat.
    Gave the driver all 3 peoples tips and I’m pretty sure he was cranky I only gave the minimum. Bill gave him specifically another $20.
    If you want more then ask for more. If $50 isn’t actually good enough then say $100 to begin with 🤷🏼‍♀️

    Jess went to drop Jax back at the bnb cause she ordered a babysitter for dinner.
    I went and took my veil off then we all went over to Gordon Ramsays Hell’s Kitchen. I wanted McDonald’s but Bill said that was uNaCepTabLe so we went fancy Instead and offered to pay.
    We all got the set meal which included his signature beef Wellington and sticky date pudding.
    For entree we had options of a beet salad or scallops.
    It was ok.
    Beef Wellington was cooked to perfection but actual taste was nice but again nothing WOW. It was also cold.
    Dessert was lovely but we were all too full and it too was cold.
    In conclusion I didnt rate and am sad we didn’t get McDonalds.

    Dad and Bill did lovely toasts. ♥️
    Dad said I looked Beautiful 🥰

    It’s the tip that fucks you over the most. Despise.
    We then went out separate ways. So good to take off my shoes.
    Overall loved every minute In the desert. The before and after weren’t perfect but being with Will and family made me happy.
    I’m a happy wife.
    Read more