Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Vegas

    October 20, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Met Mum and Dad In the foyer and bought big bus tickets, then got on our way trying to find a pick up point. (Will went to bnb to play with Jax) Their website is garbage. So unhelpful. Helen said something about the Paris hotel the other day so walked there. Nope. Had to walk back the way we came and go behind Flamingos to mums delight in the heat. More exercise this morning than the last year. 😆
    Eventually found our stop and waiting a while for the bus. Vegas is NOT big on providing seats. No where to sit at all times. Veryyy sunny.
    Our tour guide was Lindsay and she was really good. Our first POI was a Resturant that used to be a mob hideout and has connecting tunnels underground to all the casino.
    We drove on for a while and just looked at arty sections with cool murals and stuff and a boxing gym (Johnny Toccos) where ***** trained.
    There was also a cannabis dispensary drive through lol.
    We eventually got to the mob museum stop where we decided to get out.
    Dad bought the tickets - he couldn’t decide which one to get. He is so annoying, he does this with garlic bread every single time we go to a Resturant - if you want Garlic bread then order garlic bread. If you want to do an interactive activity then get that ticket. Especially if your the on paying. Who cares about anyone else you get to pick lol. Stop self sacrificing. Doesn’t matter if I’m not keen just do it. 😩
    I always feel bad when I say no I don’t want garlic bread. I’m glad he bought the interactive tickets. 😆
    Very pleased for him when he gets a little win.
    Mob museum was cool however I don’t think it was good for entry level. If you have no prior knowledge, which I don’t cause mob/gang stuff doesn’t tickle my fancy it wasn’t overly good at setting up the story. Still interesting to read all the stuff.
    Really like the the saint Valentine’s Day wall massacre exhibit. It was the brick wall where they all got shot. They then had I’ll call them autopsy findings which showed where they were shot and then the bullets they retrieved from their bodies.
    Lots. Lots and lots.
    This was the best bit of the whole place.
    We then went down a level and watched a video of trials of some of the mobsters - found this interesting too but couldn’t watch all of it because we were late to our interactive crime lab activity.
    At the crime lab was 5 activities. One was a digital body we had to determine cause of death. We all watch way too many crime shows and we got it quickly. Common sense but still lol.
    Eg is self defense marks not drag marks on hands because not scratches.
    Next one was a dna one which was stupid. Just had to match the dnd to suspects.
    3rd was a fingerprint one which I liked. Had my finger scanned and then had to figure out what type of finger print I had. Then The computer matched my type to a mobster and printed it which I was happy about so I had something to stick in my journal haha.
    4th was looking under a microscope at fibers (stupid)
    And 5th was gun bullet analysis which we all failed hardcore in. We all agree we would need more convincing in court. Looked nothing alike to us.
    We then skipped a lot of the museum and left to go back to bus stop. Perfect timing, walked straight on which was fab cause it’s 45 mins between buses.

    New tour guide not newly as good. Creepy is the word I’d use and rude.
    He wasn’t detailed like the other lady he would vaguely wave his hand on the right is this… can’t see it bud. Other lady would be like behind the red building you will see a palm tree, it’s just behind that. Thank you Lindsay, that’s helpful.
    New dudes name was Art I think and he just made lots of jokes about watching naked people a lot and they didn’t land. He was 70, fat with a pony tail and just greasy vibes.

    Drove past some of the casinos we won’t get to explore like New York, New York, Luxor and Excalibur.
    Then past the Vegas sign which is tiny??? Glad we didn’t make a specific trip.
    Vegas is stupid. It’s too big. That’s my official stance. It’s also just a lot of parking lots. They spend so much money blowing up old casinos and building new ones with not a second thought for the in between stuff.
    Bus driver was due for a break so we all got off for 30 mins and had lunch. We had Popeyes chicken and dad was losing his shit at the menu for no reason. “Do you understand any of this fucking shit?”
    Huff puff huff.
    Yes?
    Sandwich means burger, that’s the only difference. But it’s a picture of a burger sooooo I don’t understand the hissyfit. I think its a combo of many small frustrations cause completely invalid reason to spit the dummy BUT I am so on board for his frustration at the entire country which I presume was what that actually was lol. The straw that broke the camel.
    Then after all that, the chicken was crap but kept my mouth shut Hahaha. Free food is great food.
    Got back on bus for one stop to finish tour then got off and walked back to home.
    Once in the hotel I went to ask FedEx for a quote about sending luggage/dress home.
    Eek! $400 for a base quote of 10kg. Didn’t include size of case measurements or Australian custom prices.
    Fast forwarding to our solution, Helen has agreed to take it with them and I could cry in thanks.

    Went back upstairs to go to room and my key card isn’t working. Lucky Will returned same time cause ceebs wait at the front desk behind 500 people for someone to fix it.
    Spent the next hour trying to organize our tour for tomorrow by getting everyone’s lunch orders.
    Sorted 👍🏼

    Met Mum and dad in the foyer and went to maccas then to the Mirage for Shins show.
    But before we did dad told everyone about he spat the dummie at Starbucks.
    “Long story short” proceed to tell 5 minute story about America service and the donut inspectors and assist donut inspector.
    Not having a good time at the food places hey.
    Our seats were fabulous, dead center a few rows from the front.
    The assisting act was sensational - Colin Cloud. He was on AGT or BGT too.
    Hilariously witty. His trick is reading minds.

    Some tricks were guessing birthdays and facts and stuff. Hard to explain but bonkers. Hard to believe people not in on it.
    He was honestly part comedian too. Whole crowd laughing.

    Shin was sensational too. He is much much much better when silent and just doing magic with body language. When speaking he is flustered.
    His first trick didn’t work for me so I became nervous for the whole show and he dropped some cards a few times and I was stressed but he smashed it. One of his main tricks the volunteer sucked cause she wasn’t responsive.
    Can’t even remember the trick but she picked the 4 of hearts and thousands of 4 hearts fell from the ceiling. The best part was his AGT trick with the signed cards in the bags. Blown away.
    Also just his general slight of hand stuff 🤯🤯🤯

    I nearly got picked 3 times to go on stage. Unsure if intentional or not but I kept dodging the stuff thrown in the audience to pick next contestant lol. Would have loved to but couldn’t answer the question “we don’t know each other so we” so though best not to.

    Shin and Casey came out after show to meet everyone with there dogs. A little awkward but fine.
    Will, dad, Jess and I did some gambling can’t go to Vegas and not gamble. Will did some roulette but mainly the pokies.
    Nobody won anything. Shocking 😏
    Finally got ourselves to bed.
    Good day. 🥰
    Read more