Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    On to Oslo

    July 8, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Today we left Copenhagen and made our way to Oslo. A short 1 hour flight, and we arrived in Oslo, and a beautiful, warm day.
    We met up with Amanda (who had taken the overnight bus instead), and we walked to our hotel. After checking in we headed to the Royal Palace, and were able to get last-minute tickets to tour inside.
    After going through security, we had to leave all our belongings in a locker (including cameras & phones) and put silly little booties on so that we didn’t damage their floors. This is still where they royal apartments are, and during the non-summer months, the royal family lives. While not a large castle by European standards (a measly 173 rooms!) it was designed to look significantly larger. Inside they used rooms that progressively got larger, and you we needed to wind your way around, making the visitor more likely to assume they were in a huge palace. After the palace, we went back to our hotel and met our tour group. For dinner we ended up at a neat location with traditional Norwegian fare, where Jackie had a lamb burger, I had a fish soup, and then we shared “meat cakes”, which were like large meatballs in a brown sauce. Tomorrow is a long travel day (7.5h train ride), so we went to bed, and prepared for an early morning.
    Read more