Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    25,250.

    July 7, 2023 in Denmark ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Well, today turned into the unofficial Walking Tour of Copenhagen. Started the day off with a coffee and croissant with Amanda and Thomas, before he needed to fly home to the Netherlands. Jackie and I then walked to the Kastellet, a 17th century star-shaped fortress. From there we walked to the little mermaid statue (as I believe every tourist In Copenhagen is legally obligated to do, and grabbed a freshly made churro, as all tourists In Copenhagen should be legally obligated to do (it was that good). Lunch was a sandwich from a nearby grocery store,l, where we met up with Amanda. From there we took the long walk back towards our hotel, and then onwards towards Vor Frelsers Kirke (the Church of Our Saviour) , and it’s 90m high spire which we climbed up its 400 steps to the top.
    From there we went for an early dinner at the street food market before walking Amanda to the bus station (as she’s taking the overnight bus to Oslo, where we meet up with her tomorrow). Jackie and I stopped for a drink on the canal outside our hotel before heading in, exhausted. 25,250 steps. One long day.
    Read more