Satellite
Show on map
  • Villares Órbigo to Murias de Rechivaldo

    October 11, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    A day to celebrate with a couple of radlers. We have now completed 500+ km of the Camino Francés and 600+ km if we include rest days and walking around destination towns.

    Our host Marta provided us with all the breakfast we needed and we were walking into the dark morning by 7:45am. Sunrise was 8:30 and we walked mostly along unpaved rural tracks towards the city of Astorga.

    Initially quite undulating terrain, it eventually flattened out a few km before Astorga.

    Mostly cloudy and cool so good walking weather.

    We chatted with a couple of pilgrims from Quebec over coffee and chocolate croissants at the morning break in San Justo de la Vega. Easy flat path for the 4km into Astorga where we had some lunch and did some needed chores. We both needed to get cash and John managed to extend his Movistar SIM until the end of the trip.

    Astorga is the site of one of Antoni Gaudí’s beautiful buildings, the Bishops Palace. Looks very much like the castle in the starting credits of many Disney creations. See Kevin’s photo.

    We completed the day with the final 5km to Murias de Rechivaldo and our room at Casa Flor, a quirky albergue with a relaxing back garden where we have enjoyed a few drinks in the afternoon sun.
    Read more