Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Bacoa hostel

    January 31, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Onto the next destination of Guatape, which would serve as a base for Jesse to complete their situational judgement test as part of their genomic counselling application with the NHS. After being dropped off in the nearest pueblo, we took a jeep ride and a walk which led us to Bacoa hostel. This hostel was on the lake ,with a very chilled out vibe. As we checked in, I wondered if this hostel was a bit too chilled out and was the sort of place that didn't have WiFi...turns out my hunch was right, throwing a bit of a spanner in the works for Jesse's test which required stable WiFi. We decided to stay anyway as it was a welcome break from the city of Medellin and we arranged to go to a hotel after the 2 night stay we had at Bacoa.

    The vibe at Bacoa was super chilled and there were some lovely people who we chatted with and got along with. We spent the day swimming in the lake, drinking beer and having the most tasty home cooked veggie food since we had been in Colombia. Whilst the place was really gorgeous, it seemed a little unloved under the surface, I noticed lots of uncared for plants and lots of things needed a paint job etc. Anyhow it was a lovely atmosphere and the first night we had a salsa class, something id been wanting to try. Safe to say I'm more of a natural when it comes to coordinated dances but we mastered the basic steps!!

    Jesse's Guatape outfit reached new levels when they found some sunglasses on the rocks and also picked us some orange crocs from the clothes swap at the hostel!
    Read more