Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 13

    Arzua to O’Pedrouzo

    12 sierpnia 2023, Hiszpania ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Today we walked 12 miles from Azura to O’Pedrouzo. In the last three days we have seen an increase count of people showing their bandages, etc. Tendinitis has been the most common complaints and the pharmacy had a brand new large box of knee braces.

    Today is our 8th day of El Camino de Santiago plus all the walking in between that we did in Pamplona, Leon, and Lugo. So, for the most part we have overcome the initial shock to the body. And of course, prior preparation helps. I would suggest to anyone coming to El Camino to prepare the body for the ponding beforehand. One thing I would do differently would be a different pair of shoes. More to come on that.

    Today we saw a family with a wagon with 3 children under 9 years old. At one point mom was breast feeding the youngerone maybe 1 year old. You be the judge(see video). So dad is pulling and mom is pushing the wagon. I would say, the trail from Sarria to Santiago is easygoing in comparison to the Pyrenees trail still it has some challenges if you are pushing a wagon. This section of El Camino de Santiago is the most popular of all the Caminos.

    We also saw another cyclists couple with dad pulling the cart behind the bike carrying a child. We used to have one of these when Nick was a toddler.

    El Camino de Santiago has been in my bucket list for awhile now, and since I am not getting any younger, I need to do it sooner than later. There are many reasons you would chose to do El Camino and there will be many things you learn about yourself and life in general in El Camino. You may not be able to solve all the problems of the world but you learn to understand them and in some cases hold your convictions and reject them. There in only one you in this world, you are who you are from day one, and that cannot be changed.

    As the day goes on, all I can thing is how awesome this journey with my son Nick has been. I am sad that is coming to the end. Tomorrow, we have 11 miles to go, so we are getting up really early to complete our last day of this pilgrimage and walk into the plaza of the Cathedral of Santiago by around 11:30am, refresh and find ourselves a spot on the noon pilgrims mass along with the many acquaintances we have made along the way. I am anticipating a few mix of emotions..
    Czytaj więcej