Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    A Date with some Deck Chairs!

    January 24 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    So ... there was no cooking breakfast for us this morning! We did the math and we have 8 eggs left! We have three mornings left. So, one breakfast must be eaten out.

    Since we had a date on Rooftop 360 with some deck chairs ... and ... knowing we were required to spend $50 each in food and drink to pay for them .... we opted to head to the rooftop for breakfast! Something told me it wouldn't be hard to spend $50 each while we were up there! 😉

    Of course, I checked the weather forecast ... crossing my fingers that all that wind from yesterday was behind us! And ... it looked like a perfect day to simply lounge near the infinity pool!

    We packed up our swimwear, sunscreen, visors, my "water bottle", my ear buds, some real water bottles and made the treacherous 5 minute hike to the elevator of our 9th floor destination. Once again ... the location of our condo can not be beat! It is central to everywhere! Thank you again Sis for encouraging us to make 'location' a priority here!

    And OMG ... we are so darn happy we never spent the $195 USD per person to get a day pass at 'Breathless'!! We enjoyed ... actually no ... we savored our time today at Rooftop 360!!

    It nourished us in untold ways! The service! 🙌 The amenities. 🙌The energy.🙌 The infinity pool. 🙌The sunshine.🙌 The food. 🙌The drinks.🙌

    Honestly... it could not have been any better! We started with breakfast and then moved to the deck chairs. I can say that 23°C here feels a whole lot warmer than 23° at home. It was absolute perfection ... warm but not too hot!

    We lazed ... we dipped into the water .. we ate ... we tried a couple different drinks ... we visited with some really nice folks ... and .... I beat the old boy at Clever! 😉

    Oh ... and my gosh ... the old boy spotted whales playing in the bay! Our neighbors from Miami (i.e. chaisse lounge neighbors) got their drone out to capture the antics at sea.

    But then, Tony had problems bringing the drone back to us. He could not get a GPS when it left ... so ... it had no 'home' point to return to. The old boy had so much fun helping Tony land that drone. The pictures it took of the bay were incredible!

    The old boy was over the moon excited by the thought of getting one for himself!!! Argggggghhhh.
    Seriously! He thinks it would make drag racing more fun if he had a drone programmed to hover behind him (just slightly!) taking videos of his races! I shall say no more about the whole dastardly idea. 🥴

    I hope you can hear our enthusiasm for this seven hour day of rest and relaxation! And ... in total, it ONLY cost $120 USD for the chairs, the food and the drinks!! Even my frugal mindset says we got way more than we paid for!!

    If you are ever in Cabo ... think about doing this at the Corazón. The staff are unbelievable! The facility is exceptional. Our dilemma became this: do we come again tomorrow for our last day in Cabo? ... OR ... do we go to the Corazón "Beach Club" so we spend some time in the ocean before we go home? It's the same set up ... you just have to spend $50 USD each, but this is on the beach.

    Angel ... one of the lovely Corazón staff solved the problem. He suggested we come to Rooftop 360 for the morning and then slip down to the beach club for the afternoon. He indicated that he could make that happen without charging us twice.!

    And so ... THAT is our plan for tomorrow. The old boy enjoyed his breakfast so much that he'd rather leave 4 eggs behind (in our fridge) and eat out again. I'm in total agreement.

    And, after a little siesta in our room ... we decided to head back to Gardenias for supper tonight! We got some suggestions from our friends in the pool today: The Chubby Noodle and JMs. I'd don't think we'll get there ourselves, but wanted to note the suggestions for future reference (yours or ours!). 😉

    All in all, it was such an affordable and nourishing day for our souls. I am beginning to understand why people keep coming back here. It really is such an really incredible place. ✨️✨️✨️

    P.S. Step count for today when we got back to the room was not so admirable: 1682. However, heart space filled ... 100%. 💝

    We opted to head down to the beach to catch the sunset! It was everchangingly gorgeous! The clouds added so much character and wonderful plays of color! I sometimes wonder if I will ever lose my delight in sunsets. 🤔 I sure hope not!

    After I had taken my fill of photos, we headed over to Gardenias for our last time there! It is also a spot one should not miss while in Cabo. I ordered the pork burrito with cheese. It was delicious!! The old boy has decided his favorite tacos (over the four times we have eaten there):
    1 - The battered fish
    2 - The battered shrimp
    3 - The grilled octopus
    4 - The battered scallops.

    And now ... we are tucked in at home. The old boy is thinking about a hot tub before bed. This one is not as hot as we are accustomed to ... it feels more like a warm bath. So ... who knows ... maybe I'll join him?

    Oh ... final step count for this lazy day was 6764. Our little trip to see the sunset got us moving! 😍
    Read more