Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Whats Been Happening???

    March 18, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    We've been very quiet on here lately, taking our time to get settled in and find our new normal....and no car, so no real trips anywhere :-(.

    Lots of working and training to get up to speed with this caravan park gig, but we got this! We have met the most amazing people in the park, all from different walks of life and listening to their stories is an honour, grateful for the lessons on life!

    Shaun's been cooking up a storm on our days off, and has taken to being the cook in the mess hall too. We are enjoying the lifestyle of chilled afternoons with a few drinks and sing alongs.

    I've been drawing for everyone in the park and enjoying my down time chatting to campers who are travelling around just like us. We have new neighbours who have come from Bundaberg of all places, so making friends everyday. Met an amazing chick who was brought up in a community out of Katherine who is sharing her culture with me, so grateful to learn about indegenious culture.

    For all the hard times and there has been many this month, there are so many positives too....Shan posted a comment on a Facebook status that made me realise we have to be so grateful for the experiences we are having, we wanted to leave the 9-5 grind and we have!!! Thank you Shan for putting it into perspective :-) (see you in the Isa soon!)

    Shaun and Ally
    Read more