Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 536

    Freycinet NP

    February 25, 2015 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    A beautiful sunrise, don't waste time and let's go to the "Freycinet Peninsula Circuit". Which is a 30km, 3day hike.
    I started due to the perfect weather in direction of the famous "Wineglass Bay"(against the recommended way). Of couse, once I got there, I took a plunge into the Water. At one of the top 10 beaches in the World!
    Afterwards I had to climb up all the way to "Mt. Graham". A little while after that I took the detour to climb Mt. Freycinet (613m). The last bit actually was climbing! Needless to say amazing views from the top!
    Just to decent all the way back down to the sea. Where I reached the unreal looking "Cooks Beach" and there iI Set up my camp right on the water! After a walk down to "Bryans Beach" and a swim there im the moning. It was time to make my way back to the car via the coast.

    Ein schöner Sonnenaufgang, dass heißt auf geht's zum "Freycinet Peninsula Circuit" ein 30km drei tages Fernwanderweg. Los ging es, entgegen der offizellen Richtung, zur berühmten "Weinglass Bay". Dort bin ich natürlich, an einem der 10 besten Stände der Welt, schwimmen gegangen. Alerdings ist der Sand etwas gröber als man denkt.
    Danach ging es aufwärts zunächst auf (Mt. Graham) und danach hab ich den umweg über "Mt. Freycinet"(614m) genommen. Des letzte Stück war sogar ein bisschen zu Klettern. Nur um danach gen ganzen Weg wieder nach unten zum Stand zu laufen. An dem unecht aussehenden "Cooks Beach", habe ich dort einen super Platz direckt am Wasser gefunden, um Camp aufzuschlagen.
    Am nächsten Morgen ging es Zum schwimmen zum "Bryans Beach". Danach hieß es, entlang der Küste, zurück zum Auto zu laufen.
    Read more