Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Curaçao Culture

    January 24, 2023 in Curacao ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    On Sunday we hiked up Christoffel Mountain and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I slipped on the way down and have had bruised knees all week, which isn’t great for yoga practice. After the mountains (where we stole orchids and white flowers for Christel’s garden) we went to the beach and meant up with one of Christel’s former co-workers (and her kids).
    The water was so buoyant and I enjoyed swimming alot while there! It rained for a bit and that cleared the beach out nicely. After the beach Wouters parents arrived from Holland.
    On Monday I did a SWOT analysis with Christel and Wouter that will form the basis of the business plan along with the survey results.
    We then went to the studio and meant Gino, who was making the mat hanger, plus Christel’s Aunt and Uncle dropped by for a visit. We ran a few more errands, came back to the house and then out again for yoga with Edward at the wind surfing place. The yoga class was great (although knees weren’t happy and lots of sand as it was on the beach area), then home to grab some food do some work and off to bed.
    Tuesday morning was a Power Flow at The Space. It was good and we chatted with the girls about the studio opening, but then we saw Caroline (owner) on the way out and it was awkward. We ran errands (bought towels, vases, ext..) for the studio and back to the house for food and work meetings for me. Unfortunately my zoom isn’t working (for me to initiate a meeting) so that was a problem, however I did get to do my second call / meeting. I cooked supper for Wouters parents (as he and Christel were out).
    This evening we went to Laura’s place (Christel’s sister) to pick up Red Carpet / VIP tickets for the start of Carnival. We stayed for a short time and then left. On the way out guys wanted our purple brackets, but mine wouldn’t come off so the dude bit it off.
    Home and off to Lala land very soon!!
    Read more