Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 21–24

    Kinloch

    28 april, Nya Zeeland ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    After a sleep in we got up to a stunning day so celebrated by having whitebait fritters for breakfast thanks to the generosity of friends of Helen and David. We then packed a lunch and drove to Paradise on the Glenorchy side. It was gorgeous. Beautiful country. In fact it is Lord of the Rings country. We called in at diamond lake and chatted to a couple from Christchurch, then went to the end of the road, through quite a few fords. Road was fairly corrugated and lots of pot holes. We stopped by a river to have lunch. Back on the Kinloch side we headed up the routeburn. Lots of family memories here including one memorable trip there in one of the old soft top buses that used to ferry tourists from the Earnslaw to the start of the routeburn. While our family were there a storm rolled in and it thundered like anything, made worse by us being in the middle of a ring of mountains! The noise was unbelievable! When we came out to the bus the rain had collected in the soft top and we had to push it out from inside the bus. All very exciting for young kids!
    We'll have another night here and then move on.
    Läs mer