Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    Starting the Yoga Teacher Training

    February 14, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today is already the last day of week 1 of my yoga teacher training (YTT). It has been a fantastic experience so far and I am glad that we chose to come - Bertram has the great opportunity to go surfing nearly every day every day so that balances it out nicely :-)

    We are a group of 31 students from all around the world: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, USA, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, Israel, ... The only dimension without much variation is gender: 4 males only ;-)

    Our teachers at the moment are Thia from Indonesia and Megan from the USA and both are great, dedicated teachers which is a must for days that start at 05:00 and finish at 19:45 :-)

    I really enjoy the variety of our curriculum - we always start with 2.5 hours of asana (yoga poses) practice and pranayama (breathing meditation) every morning and then have posture, anatomy and teaching workshops over the day before finishing with 1 more hour of asana. The evening session features singing, meditation, yoga philosophy.
    After building the foundation and practicing very basic poses on Day 1, we are now adding 2-3 poses per day - so much so re-learn after practicing yoga for quite some time and sometimes differently.

    Friends at home: there will be new yoga teachings soon :-)
    Read more