Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Nash to Goldcliff

    June 1, 2023 in Wales ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Good nights sleep, up lateish and used pub benches to make tea and cook porridge. Short distance planned today so late start this morning, after packing away at 10:30. Retraced last nights walk through 3-4 fields back to Wales coast path. Last field contained a large herd that wasn't there yesterday evening so reversed direction onto road to walk 3 sides of a square to successfully avoid them.

    Back on the Wales Coast path 1000 yards/1 km from the coast walked straight into Newport nature reserve of pleasent meadow fields. Visited a bird hide midway through. Tried my binoculars but no birds spotted ... only cows!

    Out of the reserve the Wales Coast path returned to the coast. Rather than atop the dyke it continued along the foot of dyke on the landward side to avoid disturbing birds. Another herd of cattle lying down along this path. Fortunately I was able to avoid them by giving them a wide birth. This time I wasn't interesting enough for them to bother to move.

    Wales Coast path rejoined the road in village of Goldcliff where I stopped for Cider and to recharge device at the very smart and busy Farmers Arms.
    Read more