Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Day 60: Brisbane from the Bus Window

    February 20 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 84 °F

    Honestly, the Brisbane port and excursion started off on a sour note for me.

    First we arrived at 8:00 AM and had to be back on board by 4:00 PM — That wouldn’t be so bad if Brisbane wasn’t a 45 minute bus ride from the dock to the city (each way).

    So, if we took a shuttle into town we would have had to turn around to get back to the pier to board our 1:00 PM excursion bus #26. Which was the second to the last bus for the day. This meant staying on the ship to wait until 1:00 PM for our quick excursion 45 minutes in 45 minutes back so barely enough time to really get to know Brisbane.

    Yes, I am a bit miffed at the planning of all this. “But, gray skies are going to clear up. Put on a happy face.”

    Somewhere along the way into Brisbane I figured out that most of our time was on the bus - make the most of it. Look at what you see. See what is there. I made the ride into Brisbane a personal window documentary. It was not a Sony RX10 big camera day - it was an iPhone day. I looked for the life outside the bus window. I captured memories and moments of a day in the life of Brisbane - found snippets of Brisbane life.

    The ship was docked in an industrial port like area - driving through this was not a picturesque journey. Once we got towards the city life and beauty appeared through the window. A young girl who on a scooter, the hardware store, a man getting a haircut, the architecture and views of the skyline all captured a day in the life of this lovely city.

    Our tour guide has lived in Brisbane for 23 years. She was very nice and knowledgeable - making the bus ride enjoyable.
    Read more