Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Day trip to Leuven

    November 5, 2022 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    We decided to take a day trip to Leuven, a lovely University Town about 35 minutes by train from Brigitte’s. I was able to book our tickets using my Trainline App which has been so easy and stress free. We headed off to the station of Limal to wait for the train, which was on time and very comfortable. We stopped in the villages or towns of Wavre, Basse Wavre, Gastuche, Archennes, Florival, Pecrot - up until now everything was in French, when we got to the next village Sint-Joris Weert, everything changed to Flemish. The other villages we went through were Oud-Heverlee, Heverleen ( in this village the train station was for sale - it was a beautiful building but sits on the platform). We then arrived in Leuven (Louvain in French), this name changing can be very confusing for a tourist!

    We arrived at the allotted time and walked into the centre of town. Leuven is a rather beautiful city, very clean with lots of bike riders and cars banned from many of the airy streets. With there being a University Town it also has quite a young population which gives the place a nice vibe. We walked up to the town hall which is a beautiful and ornate building which is in excellent condition. We wandered around the Central Place (Square) and then just meandered down some of the smaller streets and laneways looking for a place for lunch.
    Read more