Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Auckland

    November 7, 2013 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
    Thursday, November 7, 2013

    Thurs 7th Nov

    I am writing to you all from a cold and wet Auckland. It has been a timely reminder of home, which hopefully will soon fade. The journey from HK was trouble free and we were met by 'Uncle', a charming chap who delivered us to our apartment with all the information we will need. The car was collected this am, together with Kruse GPS etc and by this time next week we may have got our heads round it! This afternoon was so wet we diverted off to the supermarket for a few supplies to take with us on our journey and Geraldine and I had the novel experience of turning the corner of one of the aisles to see Peter and Reg ( not shopping aficionados by any means ) wrestling with a recalcitrant trolley and a couple of boxes. Where, oh where, is a camera when you need one!!
    This evening we met up by design with Clare and Alex Degan, friends from Devon, who landed this afternoon. We had supper at a lovely restaurant on the waterfront called Soul and the sun finally shone, but not for long. Cab home!
    We move on to the Bay of Islands tomorrow and hopefully a dry day. We'll let you know!
    Read more