Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Free Time After the Tours

    September 3, 2021 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 72 °F

    After the museum we headed back to the hotel and John and I headed for the Terina Restaurant.  I was still full from breakfast, but John doesn't get up in time for breakfast.  He decided on a pepperoni pizza and I ate three of the 8 slices.

    When we got back to the hotel we showered and started packing up to leave the hotel tomorrow.  We get on the bus at 8:45 am and our luggage gets picked up at 9 am to be taken to the ship while we tour the National Archeological Museum.  

    We ate dinner at this Restaurant called Public Cafe.  It is in this small department store.  The store has 5 floors.  The 5th floor is where the restaurant is.  We sat out on the small balcony that surrounds the restaurant on all three sides and looks down on the square where our hotel is.

    The food was very good.  I got a salmon pasta dish and John got a beef orzo dish.  While we were there a protest march started on the side of the square where the restaurant is located.  Traffic was blocked to keep it off the street where the protest was happening.  The waiter told us that it was a group of doctors protesting, but he didn't know what they were protesting about.  The police  seemed to sympathize with the doctors' issue.  In fact, there were as many, if not more, police as doctors.  After dinner we returned to the hotel to finish packing up.  We will say good-bye to Athens after our tour of the museum.
    Read more