Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Bad weather..

    June 24, 2015 in Belize ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    We spend our first full day in Caye Caulker exploring the island (3 quaint streets) and figuring out what activities we want to do. Suki beats Trav in the sack throwing game at the bar to Travs surprise and disgust :-)

    After a bit of umming and ahhing Suki books in for a full day dive of the famous blue hole the next day. Trav decides to give it a miss just in case his ears play up. We also planned to do a snorkel trip that afternoon however on the way to the legitimate, well rated establishment, we get intercepted by a Rastafarian guy on the side of road. He tries to sell us an alternative trip (and/ or weed). We get lured in by his promise of spearfishing and lots of fresh fish so put a deposit down for a trip on Thursday. His credibility starts decreasing over the day though as we see him hustle people and try to sell food (lobster tails).

    Bad news though when we find out the dive has been cancelled due to bad weather. We wake the next morning to high winds and torrential rains.. and its doesn't look like its going to improve until Saturday :-( We decide to cut our losses and high tail out of there.. the rain subsides and we catch the next ferry outta there... Off to San Ignacio!
    Read more