Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 185

    Prague

    September 22, 2015 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    The bus is late again........but this seems to be the happening thing in Europe. This time it was an overnight from Warsaw to Prague taking about 11 hours. Trav was not impressed that his fancy TV screen was broken but we both managed to get some sleep after knocking back some melatonin.

    There was a random security check just inside the Czech Republic border where we had to dismount from the bus with our luggage and stand a line for the sniffer dogs. Suki's bag got picked out and then half heartedly searched by a police officer probably trying to top up his weed stash.

    Checked into our Airbnb room which was a little like a hostel with the amount of rooms however the location and proximity to the old town was brilliant.

    After a nap from the limited sleep on the bus we set off to explore. First stop was a picturesque rooftop bar overlooking the old town as the sun set in the background. With great tasting cheap beer it was hard to leave although for dinner we took a short walk through the old town and had a massive pork knuckle to share for dinner at a 500 year old brewery.

    The next day we walked to the otherside of the river and explored the magnificent castle area and did a small hike to get up one of the surrounding hills which hosts a Eiffel Tower replica. On the way home we walked along the famous Charles bridge watching the tour boats and paddle boats navigate the river below.

    It's only been a short stay but we've loved Prague and the price of food and beer here makes everything a little more special.
    Read more