Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 98

    Off to Chaitén

    5 stycznia 2018, Chili ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Before we could order anything, the ferry arrived with the remaining vehicles and passengers that had been with us in the morning ferry. We tried stopping the vehicles coming off the ferry to hitchhike to Chaiten. There were some 10 other people waiting for a ride like us. None of the vehicles stopped till the ferry was almost empty. Then the 2nd last vehicle coming off the ferry was the Dutch couple we had become friends with earlier. We waved to them and thankfully they recognized us and stopped.
    Melinda and I had chatted with them almost 3 hours, a day earlier, while waiting to buy the ferry tickets. We had really liked them there. Very nice people, extremely polite and friendly. Their son was working in Stockholm so we could find a lot of common things to talk about. Then after that, we had met them on the 1st ferry as well and had spent quite some time together on the deck. Now, they were the ones driving the red pickup that we waved at. They were shocked to know that there were no buses and felt bad that we would have to sit behind. But, for us, this was an amazing opportunity to get to Chaiten. We all packed up at the back of their vehicle. One more person from Israel traveling solo joined us as well.
    The route was very beautiful through thick forests. We stopped at Lago Rio Negro. It was a lovely viewpoint over the lake. There we took pictures with all of us on the vehicle.
    Czytaj więcej