Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 144

    Abseiling down the Juan Curi waterfalls

    February 20, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Around 12:30 pm, we started with our turn. The other 2 people who had to join us didn't, so the guide decided to start with us. First down was Hristo. He was given a 20 sec instruction on what to do with each hand and then asked to go. This was a surprise to us since the German group before us had a full 10 min instruction. We were wondering what else they were told in those 10 min. Hristo tried going down and quickly figured out he didn't need to know anything more.
    Next up was Maria. As soon as the guide called out her name, she panicked and told me to go before her. I knew if I went she wouldn't come so I tried to calm her down. She started removing her harnesses and told us that she's going to trek down and will meet us below. The guide saw this and asked her to come over and have a look, that it was nothing to be scared of. He took her to the edge and showed Hristo going down and that the climb down was all along the waterfall. She calmed down and got ready to go down. Once on the edge, the fear disappeared and Maria was quite comfortable leaving her hands for some amazing pictures.
    Read more