Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    A Once in a Lifetime Meal

    June 15, 2019 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 84 °F

    We are fortunate to be able to travel, but we do mind our budget. So while we opted for the more moderately priced Condor Airlines flight, we did splurge for a dinner at a Michelin star restaurant. Because a flight is just transportation, but this dinner was an experience!
    Myj had researched and made reservations a month before we left at Restaurant 360 Dubrovnik. It is the only restaurant allowed on the UNESCO Heritage Dubrovnik Walls. Entering through an opening in the 1000 year old walls, we were led up the stairs through the contemporary lounge area, up again to another interior level where we could look down through the windows surrounding the kitchen below to watch the chefs in action. Finally, we emerged onto the dining terrace, with a jaw-dropping view of the harbor and the stone fortifications.
    While you might expect the atmosphere to be snooty, the staff perfectly balanced approachability with attentive professionalism. Initially, we thought that 6:30pm was a bit early for dinner (in Europe) , but as we relaxed and enjoyed each course in the changing light from daylight to dusk to moonlight, we were glad we began our four-and-a-half-hour meal at that time. Of course, it also took time for the server to explain each item on the exquisitely presented plates.
    Read more