Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Travel Day

    October 9, 2012 in England ⋅ ⛅ 50 °F

    We said goodbye to Ireland today. I will return for a much longer visit. We had a short drive to the Kerry airport, where I proudly returned the car with no missing parts! (Albeit a few new scratches).

    Surprisingly, the flight from Ireland is considered domestic, so we didn't have to bother with immigration or customs. We were out the door in no time, grabbed a bus to get to the train to get to Lewes. A lovely little town, from whence the great thinker, Thomas Payne, came. Also, Lewes is called a transitional town. It is a communal effort to lower their carbon footprint. They make it very financially attractive to convert to alternative energy, transportation, etc. Amy showed us the plans for her new house, which will be a low carbon, high efficiency, water savings structure. In addition to the house, she is building guest accommodations and an education center to allow folks to stay in an energy efficient home, while learning about the numerous ways to lower their carbon footprint.

    We will be here for a couple of days and look forward to enjoying the view from a local.
    Read more