Manchester to Dublin, Dulles, and DenverOctober 20, 2012 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 52 °F
A long day of travel ends with a beautiful Colorado sunset. There is nothing like flying into DIA and seeing the vast expanse of cloudless sky over the Rocky Mountains!
In two weeks, we've taken in more stone structures, churches, and tea than a single person has a right to. Regardless, I think there must be 100 things that I would say I enjoyed the most, but my top ten favorites include:
10. "Traffic Calming" signs.
9. Insisting that the door lock was broken on our room at the pub in Kilkenney, when it was actually my inability to figure out how to work it.
8. Spending 5 minutes trying to figure out how to unlock the passenger's door in the Vauxhall, when it finally dawned us to use the door handle.
7. After the two clairvoyants told us that they had missed an appointment, due to arriving the wrong day, it struck me that they should have known the right time in advance.
6. 6'6" roads are wide enough for two way traffic.
5. Five grown adults playing the Poo Stick game...several times.
4. Mashed potatoes with two baked new potatoes on top.
3. Reading Wainwright in a lovely cottage, on a wee road, in the old country. Brilliant!
2. Clotted cream.
1. Spending good times with Amy, Anhgus, Nick, Barbara, and finally meeting Millie.Read more