Begrudginly wearing pants againNovember 17 in the United States
Deb picked us up and we were shocked back into reality with sub-30 degree weather. I haven’t worn pants in 3 and half weeks, so it was a bit of an adjustment.
I’m glad to be home and when I think of this trip and five different countries, it’s tough to limit the top ten to just top 10, but here we go:
10. Crawling around the Cu Chi tunnels.
9. Practicing English with a young boy in Vietnam, who thanked me with tiny origami figures.
8. Taking a leap from a tree limb into a pool at Kuangsi Falls.
7. Walking around Bayon temple with Buddhas staring down from every direction.
6. Kayaking among the giant limestone monoliths in Halong Bay.
5. Giggling like a junior high girl, while our guide said Pusi 10 times really slowly.
4. Miscalculating the exchange rate in Bangkok and trying to withdrawn $10,000, only being stopped by the limit on the machine.
3. Taking a balloon flight over Myanmar.
2. Somehow managing to eat a grasshopper and try weasel poo coffee.
1. Taking a leap of faith and literally walking into Vietnamese traffic with Kim, Russ, and Carolyn.Read more