Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Close encounters of the unexpected kind

    March 10 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    We’ve chatted to some great folk on our travels around Tassie….

    The shared experience chat, with a Brummie couple on the West Coast Wilderness Railway, who’d been on the same Gordon River cruise as us the day before.

    The connection in the laundry, with a Tassie lady going round her home island for 4 weeks, chatting whilst emptying and folding washing.

    The site host award 1:
    goes to Darren at of Boat Harbour - talking about himself and critiquing his competitors!

    The site host award 2:
    Madam Coral gave us a lovely warm welcome at Wayatinah, and she wandered around being hospitable and friendly.

    The neighbours chat 1: a guy from Byron Bay, chatting about life, the universe and everything (including the pain of having elderly parental responsibilities).

    The neighbours chat 2: meeting a guy from Dubbo (NSW), and reminiscing about our time (last trip) in the Warrumbungles and Coonabarabran.

    The motorhome drop off encounter, the lady was born in Catford, but had been here forever and her kids were all Aussies. Sharing their ‘free camping’ experience, waiting for a hire car to arrive. When the car arrived all her kids were in the car! Her hubby and fam had properly stitched her up! She was speechless!

    The flight companion - Col sat next to a lady en route to Hobart, who was a font of Tassie info. She worked one month on, one off on the ferry that sails to and from mainland Aus. She told us about The Wall artwork, the film The Castle (same production co as The Dish), and other Tassie hints tips.

    The airport encounter 1: meeting the same lady as above going through security! She’d had a fab time with her fam.

    The airport encounter 2: having said bye to Mel & Shaun yesterday, met them in general departures as their flight was delayed!

    To name but a few!
    Read more