Satellite
  • Day 74

    Day 11 - the start of the "lasts"

    October 6, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We discovered today that there are levels of "groundhog day". We thought we were ok with some days feeling the same but today was quite hard on us. Work started early and finished late for both of us. We had our normal 45 minute exercise time but we both commented that walking and running around the same 300 metre loop for 45 minutes each day is just boring. We are over it but we also knew this day would come. Quite pleased it took til Day 11 before we really felt this way.
    The good thing is that we only have 3 more sleeps in our lovely cocoon. It's a bitter sweet feeling as the luxury is great but the isolation isn't.

    Our second and final covid test today, Julies test was fine and better than the last one. Regans test was uncomfortable and seemed like the nurse was twisting the swab right into the throat. Lots of tears after that one but it's the last time!!! Tomorrow we will get the results and the "golden ticket" to freedom. Once that happens we will be packed and ready for departure on or after 5.34pm on Friday.

    The last couple of days menu plan arrived. We have enjoyed the food but we have now cycled through it and am ready for something else. In fact anything else will be fine by us. Our Friday restaurant "freedom" meal will be amazing. Auckland comes out of Level 2 lockdown tomorrow night so we will experience what we used to have almost 7 months ago.
    Read more