Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Kathleen Creek

    July 22, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Another lazy day for us before we leave Kings Canyon tomorrow. Started with freshly baked scones from our caravan oven. The wind picked up today which made for a lot of dust around the camp. We headed out to walk Kathleen Creek which is a small flat stroll. The temperature was really warm but the wind helped keep us cool. There is a lot of indigenous history around this area and the information boards along the track informing us that we are entering a sacred area where food was hunted.

    As the walk was small we decided to do another short walk back at Kings Canyon. We were on the floor of the canyon but with such a strong wind we were glad we did the canyon rim walk yesterday.

    Back to the caravan for some lunch and a leisurely afternoon reading. We did finally have to go inside the caravan as the dust was everywhere.
    Decided after a drink to head to the resort bar for a drink and meal and met up with Betty and Brian who we chatted to earlier in the day on the canyon walk so had a lovely dinner and conversation for the evening.

    Tomorrow we head to Uluru. This is just next door to Kings Canyon if you look on a map but it's about 350km of driving. Big distances this country
    has!
    Read more