Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Uluru arrival

    July 23, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    After a 300km drive where nobody overtook us on the road we arrived at Uluru at midday. I really enjoyed the quiet road. We are amazed that according to the locals " Uluru is just down the road from Kings canyon". Really? It's 300km!

    We set up camp in a no dust site (yay) then headed out to the Olgas which was just down the road ( another 110km return trip). These places are so amazing in their size. A massive rock formation rising high above the earth. We walked to the first lookout then back as we were on a timeframe for the "Sounds of Silence " which is an organised dinner under the stars.

    The coach picked us up at 5pm with 50 others and took us to a desert area which was set up with full catering kitchen and served us drinks to watch the sun set over Uluru. After drinks and canopes we then were seated at tables with full white tablecloths with lots of wine and food.
    This was in complete isolation while we watched Uluru descend into darkness. The food was local with crocodile and kangaroo to taste and also local fruit flavours. We met quite a few new people as well as Betty and Brian who we met yesterday. We are so privileged to meet some amazing people on this trip.
    Read more