Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Athens/last day of tour One

    October 10, 2021 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    No more tour to go to. Last day a free day. Celina and I slept in and started a casual morning..

    Around 11 am...we set out on a Athens safari, walked from our Hotel to find the Plaka District. Shot some pics then found a trendy cafe called Minnie the Moocher. Had marvelous coffee and a Greek meat lunch platter.

    We walked some more and had some direction help from a kind local. Which was good because we found sites we wouldn't have found from a cab.

    Finally found the Plaka and settled in quick, laced through a few streets, bought some trinkets.
    Celina and I found a very nice jeweler and she bought Chelsea a bangle bracelet....the Bam! I saw a crucifix necklace I dreamt about, had to buy it...
    pricey but oh yes! Worth it.

    Came back to hotel to freshen up. Co-ordinated with the gang and then back to the Plaka to a delightful restaurant named Diogiones. Great dinner and shopping. A sudden down pour of rain and zap...every one to cover, waited till it stopped And cabbed back to the hotel.

    Settled onto a pipe and scotch...until very late.
    Read more