Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Rain, Rain and more Rain.

    June 2, 2021 in Ireland ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    I didn't get up until I heard Brian moving around.
    Bad weather just makes me feel like staying in my cabin and hibernating.
    Brian is the opposite and nothing ever seems to get him down for long.
    The wind is not too strong today but it's dull and overcast and that's just when it's not raining.

    A low has come in and is staying put for a while. Usually these come in the front door i.e. the south west and leave quickly by the back door, towards Scotland but this one is not playing by the rules.

    Brian made breakfast which was a good start and we headed up the town.
    He made me get a haircut, he has standards! Glad Maeve won't see it until Sligo. She doesn't like it too short.

    Brian used to work as a record wholesaler and he met and had a good chat with one of his old customers who works in the smallest record shop in Ireland. Well, that's what the sign says anyway.

    It is dry at times but we never can go into town and back again without having some rain along the way.
    However that didn't stop the four of us getting some takeaway pints
    We headed back to Eureka for lunch and I did some maintenance on the engine before we went back into the town and got pizzas which we brought back to the boat and settled in for the night with a bit of tv before putting our heads down.
    Read more