Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 10

    Market Square, Wroclav

    5 September 2021, Polandia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    This is the 2nd largest market square in Poland after Krakow (see another post to come). Wroclaw was about 70% destroyed in world war 2. So most of this is restoration.
    The old town hall was in the center and is in the 1st picture. This is a 1 handed clock. One hand tells the time. There is another hand, but this one be points out the season. If you look closely, there are 4 symbols in the corners. These are said to be Egyptians symbols for the seasons. That other hand is pointing to late summer. After a trial, sentences were declared from one of those windows. If there was punishment, it was exacted right there, up to death by beheading. If not death, sentences were carried out at the pillory in the 2nd photo.
    The 3rd and 4th pictures are a couple views of the market square. Note the white building in the background of #4 with the 5-stepped gable. This was owned by wealthy Dutch merchant as indicated by a 5 story attic. The attic is where goods were stored and a huge attic indicated wealth.
    The last picture from the market square in Wroclaw is a nod to my friends at Aidan's. We sang these very words many Sunday evenings.
    Baca selengkapnya