衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日248

    Goulash, soviet museum, cave church

    1月10日, ハンガリー ⋅ ☀️ 1 °C

    Goulash is one of the main national foods of Hungary so we went to try some earlier this week. The restaurant we went to was extremely very well rated on google but in reality it was a pile of crap. It was cramped, overfilled and really stuffy. We got Goulash in a loaf of bread. I'd been quite excited to try the bread Goulash ever since I learned about it but ended up not really liking it, it was just a very salty broth with beef, Carrot and potato and I ended up having more than half a loaf of bread left at the end which I had to deal with. Mums camper slow cooker stews are far better. To be honest I have noticed all the food here is a bit too salty actually, I've had a blocked nose though and it's ruined my sense of taste so i can't really comment on if it's good or not. We've been frequenting a diner that's right across the road from our house and its been super nice and cheap :)). (The green soup in that pic was mindblowing)
    Yesterday we went to a museum called the house of terrors which had a bunch of stuff about the nazi and soviet occupation of Hungary. It was a good thing we chose to go to this museum because spencer and I were both completely unaware that Hungary had endured any kind of recent hardship and were thinking that the reason budapest still has so many beautiful buildings is because they weren't involved in any wars. It turns out Hungary had a very horrible 1900s at the hands of mainly the soviets who shipped almost 1000 000 Hungarians away to become slaves while terrorising all the people that were left behind in the cities. Things only got back to normal around here in 1989. The house of terror was built above a big underground labyrinth of torture chambers, it was very grim down there and they don't like you taking pictures. The one picture I did get was of the "victimisers room" which had pictures of all the bad people that did evil stuff, we had a bit of fun roaming around talking shit about all them. This was the second time we'd turned down the audio guide and regretted it so we've agreed well just always get them from now on. Today we went to a church inside a cave, we got an audio book which played some monks singing chasing cars by snow patrol! We then went for a big walk around the other side of buda and then enjoyed a beautiful sunset and view and the top of the hill, it was a really really nice evening :)).
    もっと詳しく