Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Hotel Nesa breakfast and first monsoon

    February 4, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Mie goreng for breakfast?! Heaps of dragonfruit!? Sure thing! Not necessarily Michelin star fare at the Nesa, but a nice home-cooked touch. Afterwards at the nearby beach, Davy and Poppy both found the ocean water too salty to stay in for long - back to the hotel for a dip in the pool then. Oddly rather hot there as well - had to come out to cool off in the chilly 30 degree air every once in a while!

    The same fogies were sun bathing peacefully around the Nesa pool when we got back from the beach as when we left - hope they are ready to meet the loudest kids in Bali! What a relief when the old ladies went to get pool noodles for the kids and the old guys a beer for Poppy 😀 It was a bit deep for Meg and the kids decided to play the “teacher game” (usually played with stuffed bears doing Davy's last year's homework). Fortunately Davy played the role of teacher, so he managed the drowning situation and soon had Meg swimming laps without the noodle!

    Meanwhile Poppy got a full lesson on how chlorine is made in Australia from a vacationing plant operator - actually quite interesting. Found out about some pretty novel electricity initiatives going on there too - just before getting chucked out of the pool early due to our first tropical monsoon! Nothing to buckets in seconds - amazing.
    Read more