Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Universal Studios Hollywood

    June 19, 2008 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    Quick breakfast at the hotel and then on our way of Universal Studios using the courtesy bus. We took a few photos at the main entrance with the classic Universal planet we proceed to through the gate and into a separate office where we collected the Front of Line passes (I didn't want to waste time here so I booked this passes in advance).

    We went straight away, via the long escalators, to the back of the park where Jurassic Park and the Mummy rides were.........this park suit me much better than Disneyland, the rides are more for big boys.

    We made turns to get on the rides, having the Front of Line ticket helped a lot. First it was my turn at Jurassic Park, the ride was quite similar to Wild West Falls at Movie World however the dinosaurs and other effects were terrific, also the drop at the end with the big face of the T-Rex screaming at you added extra adrenalin moments to the ride. My wife was next while I stayed at the souvenir shop with Ximena that was freaking out due to the dinosaurs.

    Next was the Mummy ride, I heard it was the fastest indoor roller coaster and I was really keen to do it. Of course the ride didn't disappoint me at all, fast, scary, completely dark in some points, going forward then backwards........awesome.

    Time to get Ximena into something so we did the Special Effects tour and the Animal actors show, she really liked this last one.

    It was noon and temperature was close to 40 degrees so after having some lunch we took Ximena to the Adventures of Curious George play ground, she definitely like the place with the rocket ship pouring litres of water over the kids....... she spent hours in there and we took advantage of this to go for some shows, first went to Shrek 4D which was similar to the one at Movie World in Gold Coast so I skipped, then we did Terminator 4D...........sooo good in my opinion and then the Water World extravaganza.

    Ximena was out of the water this time but playing in the adjacent playground with cannon balls throwing plastic balls to kids. I stayed with her and Yovanna went on the studio tour.

    After the park we went to have a look at Universal City Walk where we had dinner. Much better than Down Town Disney, more to see, more dining options and pubs. Obviously it is addressed not only to kids.
    Read more