Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Bondi beach

    November 24, 2013 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Ok our last day in Sydney and luckily some beautiful weather. Busy morning packing up our bags, some breakky and then checking out (leaving the bags on custody at reception)

    As usual we went to Circular Quay but this time jumped on bus 333 for Bondi beach. The trip was about 40 minutes and the bus got jump pack full.

    At Bondi we didn't waste time and headed straight to the beach, it was around 10am an the crowds were starting to arrive. The water was a bit cold, in general there was cool breeze but overall ok. What else we could do other than relax and bake under the sun.

    In all honesty I expected more from Bondi beach, it is a small bay beach, big waves, maybe good for surfers. I learned there other beaches around less crowded, maybe next time.

    Sofia, a friend of my sister, met us at the beach and then we had some lunch in a quite expensive, nothing especial restaurant (ah right we are in Bondi Beach). Gently enough she took us back to the hotel to pick up our bags and then to the airport, although she dropped us at the wrong terminal it saved us plenty of time.

    On the plane we were just starting to plan our next trip to South East Asia, right after Christmas, until then.
    Read more