Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Pier 39 & Fisherman's wharf

    June 26, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    The city was really busy today, especially close to the hotel, due to gay pride parade. We weren't interested in this sort stuff anyway so we headed out of this area. We spent most of the morning at Fisherman Wharf.

    Starting at Pier 39 the sea lions were no show other than 3 or 4 of these mammals were around. The place had great photo opportunities of Alcatraz island and the Golden Gate bridge in the distance. There were a few eateries and other shops ranging from clothing, souvenirs, etc, etc, most of then overpriced or just tourist traps.

    From pier 39 we walked to the heart of Fisherman Wharf where we had a seafood / fish lunch and then a well deserved coffee and a dessert at the well set up Boudin bakery. Plenty of street performers add some colour to the area.

    We went back to take the HOHO bus to complete the city tour we started yesterday. We ended up again by the Golden Gate bridge although we didn't get off the bus this time. The bus took us again to Sausalito crossing the bridge which was extremely windy and cold.

    The bus took us around Golden Gate park and Castro before dropping us back in town.

    Tomorrow we are heading to Alcatraz, Chinatown and last minutes shopping before we leave for Washington DC
    Read more