Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    At the White house

    June 30, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The last day on our short trip to DC. We left the bags in custody and then went back to DC this time to visit the White house and then one of the museums.

    We left the metro at Federal Triangle and then walked along Pennsylvania Av stopping first at the visitor centre. The centre had some good information regarding the White house and former presidents. We then walked to the White house where as expected security was extreme so we only saw it from the distant.

    After the White house we walked to the Mall for one last trip in the "Circulator" to the Air and Space museum. The museum was packed with people, mostly families with young children, this resulted in long lines to visit some of the attractions.

    We then went to the L'Enfant plaza food court where we had some lunch and then went back to the hotel to have some rest at the lobby (we had checked out already) and then grabbed a taxi to Union Square to get on the train to NYC.

    The station is big and getting on the train was confusing. Once on board we relaxed for the next 3 1/2 trip to NYC.

    Upon our arrival in NYC we had to wait some 20 minutes for our bags at Penn station, it was 30 pass midnight and we were really, really exhausted. Finally at the hotel at around 1 am I just fell flat on the bed
    Read more