Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Quéntar to Granada 18.6km

    October 6, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We set off this morning, just before daybreak, with the usual concert of dogs barking.

    In Dúdar, we stopped for a Colacao and a manzanilla. Not sure whether this gave us the energy to climb the steep slope after Dúdar, but we did it.

    Once we reached to top, we walked along a ridge, with fantastic views on both sides. The ridge led us down to an olive grove, which we walked through. We then followed the río Darro, on a nice path where autumn colours were starting to appear.

    The highlight of the day is arriving in Grenada. We chose to go to the Abbey at Sacromonte first. We had visited it in February 2019.

    From there, we got our first glimpse of the Alhambra. As we followed the Sacromonte road down to the río Darro, it stood high on the cliff above us.

    We went down to the cathedral, and the closer we got, the bigger the crowd grew. Quite a change from our walk during the last few days.

    We're staying in the Albaycín area for two nights. This will give us a rest day, and time to enjoy Granada. We won't go to the Alhambra, we visited it in 2019.
    Read more