Satellite
  • Day 9

    Magic Kingdom Disneyworld

    February 25, 2015 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    Had the most MAGICAL day today.

    Animal Kingdom was my first stop. After wandering round and a little train ride I saw Finding Nemo the Musical. It definitely set me up for the day. Fantastic costumes and a sprinkling fairy dust.

    Next stop - Disney Hollywood Studio's. This was defiantly more me. Music from 1940's flowing. Classic Hollywood feel and Beauty and the Beast Live!! My inner child was now very very excited.

    The best was saved til last. Already buzzing I arrived at Magic Kingdom. Heading under the railway station, I walk on to Main Street USA and ahead of me appeared that magical moment. The sight of Cinderella's Castle. My inner Chidambaram as now beyond excited. Strolling down Main Street I headed to the station fora steam training to Fantasyland. A quick stop at Dumbo's circus tent before making my way into the land of the Disney Princess. I ended up in France, standing in the town square opposite Gaston's Tavern. After popping into the Beauty and the Beast shop I took a break in Gaston's Tavern with a hot choc and a cinnamon bun the size of my head. He really does use antlers in all of his decorating. Walking past the Beast's castle me and my child self made our way through the rest of fantasyland, stopping for a ride round the world on Its A Small World. Slightly offensive in some places ( Oz and NZ would not be impressed).

    It was off to Space Mountain after that. Good fun but not scream inducing. It was then time for a coffee float and to watch the light parade before the big finale. Nighttime Spectacular. A wonderful light show followed by wonderful fireworks and illumination of the castle. The Disney Magic was well and truly flowing.

    All warm and fuzzy headed towards my bus. A quick stop off at the theatre first though and a chance to meet my boss. The one and only Mickey Mouse!! He was lovely. So nice to be working for such a generous and kind mouse. :-)

    Home and me and my child self were exhausted after a long but absolutely amazing day!!
    Read more