Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Sweden

    September 9, 2022 in Sweden ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    What an incredible city! I could totally live here.... well maybe not in the winter when its only 2 degrees F! As Karl put it, Stockholm is the Paris of the Nordics!

    10.4M peeps and 2M live in Stockholm. Did you know its made up of 14 islands and 96,000 lakes!

    This is the land of Greta Garbo, Elk, Moose, dynamite, Vikings, Alfred Nobel (who started the Nobel prizes) and of course ABBA!

    Visited the Old Town section (particularly Gamlastan) where Viking remnants appear on the walls. Absolutely gorgeous city with the right balance of old world and ultra modern first world. Passed by the famous little statue of the boy who looks at the moon. Rubbing his head amd placing down a coin is good luck supposedly..... guess they're right!

    Saw the Avicii arena which hosts some of the largest concerts in the world. As well as the building where they host the banquet and ball for 1300 nobel prize attendees.

    Got to learn about FIKA. It's the Swedish way of life which involves taking a break for a coffee or pastry or drink. Tasted their traditional cinnamon and vanilla pastries which were to die for!

    There is a female President and still a Roatal family

    First ice bar in the world
    Most visited museum in the world
    Vasa museum.

    17 C Viking boat
    Baltic sea only 2 percent salt
    Read more