Satellite
  • Day 163

    A last evening in good company

    August 20, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    My last night in Hanoi was the opportunity to discover Vietnamese regional specialties, with two lovely guides : Chi, the journalist from "Hanoi Moi" and her friend Dieu Linh. They took me to a nice and busy restaurant and then to a bar where I had the weirdest beverage : a beer mixed with eggs beaten white. Well... I would recommend to stick to the more traditional "egg coffee"...

    I also came to know a bit more about these two women. Chi, who graduated in international studies, now works at the international section of Hanoi Moi, but dreams of another job and of traveling around the world. Dieu Linh, a mother of two, is a former colleague from Hanoi Moi, and now works for the municipality. She would also prefer having another job, maybe more challenging. Dieu Linh is also the descendant of a French settler, who did not bother marrying his Vietnamese lover...

    Both stroke me as being at the same time very gentle but also strong and independent women. Chi insisted on inviting us at the restaurant and offered me gifts : boxes of sweets and a big pack of peanuts for the road ! This evening closes perfectly my week in Hanoi and leaves me with a warm memory of Vietnam, before pursuing my travel towards China.
    Read more