Satellite
  • Day 26

    Arches National Park

    April 29, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    We left the apartment just after 9am, final destination Moab, Utah with a stop at Arches National Park.

    Moab was not originally on our itinerary but after hearing about it and the 2 national parks in the area, we decided to do 1 less night at Mesa Verde and have one night in Moab to be able to visit Arches National Park and Canyon lands National Park. Elisa really wanted to do a jet boat tour on the Colorado River but no tour company would take anyone under 4 years.

    The park was busy and even had it's own radio station. We were able to do a scenic drive through the national park but we also did 3 hikes.

    The hikes were relatively easy and less than a mile. Brandon did great. Sand dunes arch was our favourite as the sand was fun to walk in.

    Brandon received his junior ranger badge and to get this one he had to sit for 10 minutes and just listen to the environment, and he did it.

    That night we made it to the Moab KOA about 5pm, put up tent and blow up beds and was at the Moab brewery for dinner by 630. The brewery was busy and we had a nice dinner.
    Read more