Satelliet
  • Dag 137

    Rome

    5 augustus 2015, Italië ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    It's an early arrival in Rome and we are blasted by the heat. We check into our airbnb accommodation and have a snooze to ease the jet lag from flying from Ho Chi Minh City via Abu Dubai. The rest of the day is spent shopping for groceries to stock up the apartment. We're tired and it's hot outside so we crash early.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! - it's Trav's 31st birthday and no better place to celebrate than Rome! Suki is up early to whip up an amazing egg benny and holindaise breaky 😁. We begin the hike down to visit the Colosseum. It's a fantastic experience but hard to comprehend without a few diagrams of how it all worked. The blazing 37 degree heat keeps us jumping from shadow to shadow. After a quick stroll through the Palatine and Roman Forum we avoid the pending heat stress and arrive and the restuarant we researched on tripadvisor - and it didn't disappoint. Reading reviews enlightened us to request the iced sangria. The food and service was awesome and was perfect for Trav's birthday lunch. It was a long walk back home where we quickly rehydrated and returned to the train station to met James and Steph.

    We get there just in time but the train is not of the right platform. There are hundreds of people walking around aimlessly and we suddenly realise we have no rendezvous point. We take a final stroll through the main corridor and surprisingly run into them! It's a brilliant reunion and we assist them in dragging their oversized backpacks to our apartment.

    After a much awaited catchup and numerous beverages, Suki whips up a scrumptious Chicken and Mushroom Rissito to polish and brilliant day celebrating Trav's birthday!
    Meer informatie