Satellite
  • Day 34

    Italian adventureee begins!

    June 3, 2015 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    We stopped one night in Munich, as we are returing in October for Octoberfest! However, we thought we might as well tryout a beer hall, just to get a glimse of the bavarian way! Beer, beer, beer, pork knuckle, beer, snitizel and beer...that sums Munich up! I tried on some traditional clothes, however, i am still on the look for that one outfit for October.

    Next stop was two night in a small country town in Austria! Very relaxing out here, and not much to do, however this was exactly what we needed for our trip...a break before Italy. We went walking and on cable carts up mountains, ans also treked it into a larger city to enjoy some water slides and spas! Only thing what shocked us and what we were a bit dissapointed in, was that we paid for the saunas...however they were full of naked men...apparently clothes were not allowed...so there goes a bit of money..as i completly chickened out after that.

    The next stop is Venice... also known as venezia...and one of my favourite citys so far! This italian city is completly different to anything i have seen. We enjoyed the beautiful Italian sun... while on the local ferries, which were completly packed! It was a nice change from cars, and great to know that there were no bikes or crazy european drivers trying to run us over! The city had canals everywhere! Ive never seen or walked up so many stairs in my life! My feet are killing after everyday, as we walk from one side of the city to the other! There are masks, which were absolutly beautiful, and murrano glass, and hand made lace Everywhere! Thr food wis amazing...having pizza ans pasta everyday is not something to complain about in Italy, as it is always fresh! Gelato i have been having everyday! Trying all the different flavours. There are si many tourist here though..which dont know how to keep to one side!!!

    We are here for 5 nights, so there is plenty to do around the city. We watched an italian theatre show, which taught us the history of venice, and commedia dell'arte masks, which was great as i learnt this in high school. We have been visiting all the different roman buildings, museums, churches, galleries and the magnificent palaces!

    Our room is great as well, and has a kitchen, so we have been mostly cooking our own meals, as Venice can be very expensive.

    So far i have bought a new leather bag and a painting! But looking forward to go tourist shopping tomorrow for some little gifts!

    Next stop, Florence!
    Read more