Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 7

    Devils@Cradle

    25 februari 2022, Australien ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    After dinner we had a booking for a Tasmanian Devil encounter at Devils@Cradle. Here we had a guided tour from one of the rangers there, after which we had the opportunity to meet up close a little boy pup Tasmanian Devil and give him a pat. Following this we got to participate in feeling and a game of tug-of-war with a group of Devils while enjoying some wine, a dessert platter and the open fire, toasting marshmallows and enjoying the feeding and interaction of the Devils when it comes to food.
    The sanctuary is set up as a breeding and refuge facility for Tasmanian Devils and 2 varieties of Quoll, the 3 largest carnivorous Marsupials in Australia. They get no funding from the Government so they rely on public contributions, donations and investment in their centre, particularly through events like the one we went to this evening. They also rely on adoption contributions so Lindsay sponsored a little Quoll by the name of Hazlenut to assist in her development, feeding breeding and the like.
    After the encounter at Devils@Cradle it started to rain and it was passed Millie's bedtime so back to our lodge for the night.
    Läs mer