Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Tullah to Corinna

    December 18, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Now it is Sunday. We leave Tullah and drive along Anthony Road towards Queenstown. It is a nice drive, but not as scenically exciting as we had hoped. The drive skirts Lake Plimsoll for part of its length.
    We remember Queenstown from 2018 when we stayed for a couple of nights. Hasn't changed much. One change is the Moonscape Winebar and Cafe. We enjoy a nice coffee in the sunny beer garden. "We had 50 people here last night. All locals."
    Then to Strahan. The older family-owned cruise company, World Heritage Cruises, looks the best option for a future Gordon River cruise. Lunch at The Coffee Shack (can't read the caption on the photo), then to Zeehan with a visit to Mt Zeehan. Can't get there (see photo), although Google Maps says you can.
    We drive through Zeehan, remembering our visit to the Pitstop Cafe 4 years ago. Between us and Corinna is quite a long stretch of winding, potholey dirt road. And a very expensive trip across the river on the small punt. We called in to Port Granville. Very remote. Once at Corinna we find our cabin. Small secluded and comfortable, it contains all you need.
    Lovely deck for sundowners, then another lovely deck at the Tarkine Hotel for Happy Hour. The waitress took our order while we sat out in the evening sunshine. Very civilised. We had a really nice dinner in the Tannin Restaurant.
    Read more