Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Flamingos, the Circus, Bonanza and more!

    November 14, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Today was a busy one, and then some!

    After grabbing something to eat, we went to The Flamingo to check out the wildlife habitat. While there were other animals there, the flamingos weren't out because of an avian flu scare. However, the habitat itself was really nice.

    Our next stop was at Circus Circus where we took in a quick circus act. This one was Penelope with hula-hoops on the slack wire. She was great.

    Then as tradition states, we made a stop at Bonanza. It's mandatory on every Vegas trip, lol. I picked up a couple of souvenirs and mom got some t-shirts for herself and a friend.

    Continuing up Las Vegas Blvd, we headed into downtown. We stopped by The Golden Nugget and checked out The Hand of Faith which is a 61 lb gold nugget that was found in Australia and is currently the largest nugget of gold on display.
    After having a couple of cocktails, we walked over to Fremont Street for mom and Kyle to take on the Slotzilla zipline. I thought for sure mom would chicken out but she surprised me by going through with it. And according to her (and Kyle) it was an awesome experience.

    By this time, we were starving so dinner was perfectly in order and Maggiano's was amazing as always.🤤

    Our last stop was The High Roller and I was looking forward to ending the night on a high note (pun intended) though I had no idea just how much of a high it was gonna be.
    We booked the bar car for their "Halfy Hour" which is open bar for the beautiful 30 minute ride. Apparently, I had no idea how beautiful the ride was gonna get because before I knew it, Kyle was on bended knee proposing!😮💍💙💙💙

    This was our last day with mom, so needless to say, the entire day/event/experience was extra special☺️

    Kyle and I still have lots of fun things planned, but I can't think of anything that could top being proposed to 550ft up with the dazzling lights of Las Vegas in the background, PUN INTENDED!!

    L
    Read more