Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Atlantic Crossing … Day 5

    October 31, 2022, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    Happy Halloween @ Sea!

    For eagle-eyed readers … yes, I skipped a day. We didn’t lose it … there just wasn’t anything worth writing about … and no photos worth publishing either. So onward to today.

    There were a variety of activities to mark the Halloween … and edible and other decor to remind us that today was all about goblins and gools! We enjoyed the decor, but didn’t participate in any of the activities. From the number of outfits we saw around the ship earlier this evening — some of them quite creative — there were plenty who came prepared to enjoy the festivities.

    Aside from today being Halloween, it was a typical day at sea for us. Spent mostly on the veranda in my case, while Mui joined me occasionally.

    Breakfast and dinner were both on the terrace at the Oceanview Café. The difference between the two? We arrived at our preferred corner table for sunrise and seconds later found ourselves going through a squall so thick that it felt like we were surrounded by clouds. Dinner on the other hand … nothing but sunshine and blue skies
    .
    After dinner, we headed to the theater for Jayne Curry’s third show. Another very enjoyable one.

    We fall back one last hour tonight. Add in the fall-back from last night and we have now gained a total of five hours to put us on Eastern Daylight Time. The next time change for us will be when we fly home on Thursday … we’ll gain two hours then. And then over the weekend another fall-back will put the US on standard time and we will gain one more hour. Whew!

    Distance Remaining to Miami: 905 NM
    Read more